UCF moved courses and office operations to an online format (Remote Instruction and Remote Work) effective Monday, March 16th, remaining in place through the summer semester. Beginning Fall 2020, UCF will provide limited on-campus classes and services. During this time, Advising Offices will remain operational. However, to align with university’s priority to keep students, faculty, and staff healthy, most advising appointments will remain in a virtual setting until further notice.
The Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center (KMETC) will make updates here regarding any changes to our services. The FAQs below are only meant to address questions we expect to come up while students are not able to come on campus. More complete information regarding the services below can be found elsewhere on the KMETC website. If you have questions not answered below, please email us at email@example.com.
KMETC recommends all students follow the UCF Coronavirus Information page. Here students can read the Return to Campus plan, as well as review up to date announcements and resources available during the fall semester.
Beginning January 4, 2021 – Spring 2021 semester
KMETC will be opened Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00 pm. During this time, all undergraduate undeclared and major exploring students can meet with an academic advisor virtually through walk-ins or scheduled appointments. During these scheduled appointments, students can work with an advisor on a variety of topics from course selection to major exploration. Appointments can be made by calling 407/823-3165. Most appointments will be held via Zoom. Student who do not have access to technology can discuss additional appointment options at the time of scheduling.
KMETC Academic Advisors will be available via Zoom every day for quick 15 minute advising appointments. These hours are open to undergraduate undeclared and major exploring students, and focusing on academic matters that can be addressed during a quick appointment.
|10:00 am –
|2:00 pm –
|10:00 am – 12:00 pm
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
|2:00 pm –
|10:00 am –
- I planned my spring 2021 schedule but need to make changes since UCF released fall course instruction modes. Can I meet with a KMETC Advisor to discuss my options?
- Yes, KMETC Advisors are available for virtual advising appointments. Undeclared and major exploring students can call KMETC at 407/823.3165 to schedule an appointment today.
- I was working with KMETC as an undeclared student but have selected a major. Are college advisors open for appointments during this time?
- The UCF Advising Community is dedicated to meeting the needs of its students during this time. All Advising offices are operational and providing services virtually. Students should visit the college’s homepage for full details. A list of College Advising Offices can be found on the Student Success and Advising page.
- I would like my parent to join my virtual advising appointment. Is that an available option?
- Yes. Following the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), only the student should be meeting with their advisor virtually. FERPA Guidelines for family members can be found here, https://registrar.ucf.edu/ferpa/.
- I am on the waitlist for one of my spring courses. How can I tell my position on the list?
- You can check your position on any waitlist through myUCF. Students can visit the Registrar’s Office Registration Waitlist site for instructions and additional information on the process.
- Are overrides available for courses that are full?
- Each college at UCF sets its own override process. Students should contact the College Advising Office that teaches the course of interest to determine the override policy.
- Where can I learn more about what to expect with my academics during the spring semester?
- The Registrar’s Office has published a Fall 2020 Frequently Asked Questions page. Here students can get answers to topics like: class expectations, course modalities, and testing.
- Please visit the Registrar’s Office website often, for Spring 2021 FAQ updates.