UCF moved courses and office operations to an online format
(Remote Instruction and Remote Work) effective Monday, March 16th,
remaining in place through the summer semester. Beginning Fall 2020, UCF will provide
limited on-campus classes and services. During this time, Advising Offices will
remain operational. However, to align with university’s priority to keep
students, faculty, and staff healthy, most advising appointments will remain
in a virtual setting until further notice.
The Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center (KMETC)
will make updates here regarding any changes to our services. The FAQs below
are only meant to address questions we expect to come up while students are not
able to come on campus. More complete information regarding the services below
can be found elsewhere on the KMETC website. If you have questions not answered
below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KMETC recommends all students follow the UCF Coronavirus Information page.
Here students can read the Return to Campus plan, as well as review up to date announcements
and resources available during the fall semester.
Beginning August 31 – December 18, 2020
KMETC is offering virtual advising appointments to all undergraduate undeclared and major exploring students. During these scheduled appointments, students can work with an advisor on a variety of topics from course selection to major exploration. Appointments can be made by calling 407/823-3165. Most appointments will be held via Zoom. Student who do not have access to technology can discuss additional appointment options at the time of scheduling.
Virtual ‘Walk-In’ Wednesday
KMETC Academic Advisors will be available via Zoom every Wednesday between 1:00-4:00pm during the fall semester. To join the Zoom session, click this link https://ucf.zoom.us/j/92793565214.
Alternately, you can access the meeting using our meeting ID
(927 9365 5214) in the Zoom app.
If you are unable to join the Zoom session, please call us at 407/823.3165 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- I planned my fall 2020 schedule but need to make changes since UCF released fall course instruction modes. Can I meet with a KMETC Advisor to discuss my options?
- Yes, KMETC Advisors are available for virtual advising appointments. Undeclared and major exploring students can call KMETC at 407/823.3165 to schedule an appointment today.
- I was working with KMETC as an undeclared student but have selected a major. Are college advisors open for appointments during this time?
- The UCF Advising Community is dedicated to meeting the needs of its students during this time. All Advising offices are operational and providing services virtually. Students should visit the college’s homepage for full details. A list of College Advising Offices can be found on the Student Success and Advising page.
- I would like my parent to join my virtual advising appointment. Is that an available option?
- Yes. Following the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), only the student should be meeting with their advisor virtually. FERPA Guidelines for family members can be found here, https://registrar.ucf.edu/ferpa/.
- I am on the waitlist for one of my fall courses. How can I tell my position on the list?
- You can check your position on any waitlist through myUCF. Students can visit the Registrar’s Office Registration Waitlist site for instructions and additional information on the process.
- Are overrides available for courses that are full?
- Each college at UCF sets its own override process. Students should contact the College Advising Office that teaches the course of interest to determine the override policy.
- Where can I learn more about what to expect with my academics during the fall semester?
- The Registrar’s Office has published a Fall 2020 Frequently Asked Questions page. Here students can get answers to topics like: class expectations, course modalities, and testing.