UCF Virtual Majors Fair
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:00AM – 2:00PM – Virtual
The Spring 2021 UCF Virtual Majors Fair is a fully online experience that connects current UCF students directly to academic colleges to learn more about the majors and minors offered at the University. In addition, students will have an opportunity to speak with college advisors, faculty members and staff from across campus. This event is an excellent opportunity for students to explore majors in one centralized location and learn about available campus resources to help them successfully navigate the major exploration process.
Who should attend?
All students are encouraged to attend this event! Specifically:
- Students who are Undeclared
- Students who are considering changing their major
- Students considering a minor and/or certificate
- Students interested in learning more about their declared major
This event is offered virtually through Zoom. Students must register to attend this event! The Zoom meeting information will be sent to the email address that is provide when registering. Knights or UCF email is required.
Students who attend will be eligible for prizes and giveaways. All new incoming students will receive 1,000 LINK Points for attending the event.
Schedule of Events
The Majors Fair will take place from 11:00am-2:00pm. The event will be in one large Zoom hall, allowing students to move between departments of interest to learn more about their programs.
Each college/department will provide a brief 30-minute presentation on a rotating schedule during the following times: 11:15am, 12:00pm, and 12:45pm. Each college/department presentation will be followed by a 15 minutes question and answer (Q&A) sessions. Students may use this time to remain in the current presentation to ask questions or move to any other participating offices’ breakout rooms to attend their Q&A sessions during the following times: 11:45am, 12:30pm, and 1:15pm. By offering a rotating schedule of presentations and Q&A sessions, students are provided an opportunity to connect with multiple departments during this event, so feel free to stick around as long as you’d like!
Expand for schedule format
- 11:00am-11:15am: Welcome from KMETC/Kick-Off Event
- 11:15am-11:45am (30 mins): College/Department Presentations – Session 1
- 11:45am-12:00pm (15 mins): Q&A Session (All participating offices)
- 12:00pm-12:30pm (30 mins): College/Department Presentations- Session 2
- 12:30pm-12:45pm (15 mins): Q&A Session (All participating offices)
- 12:45pm-1:15pm (30 mins): College/Department Presentations- Session 3
- 1:15pm-1:45pm (30 mins): Question & Answer Session (All participating offices)
- The final Q&A session is scheduled for 30 mins to allow students a last opportunity to connect with participating offices before event concludes.
- 1:45pm: Students complete Majors Fair evaluation, colleges/departments wrap-up final Q&A sessions.
- 2:00pm: Event concludes.
Expand for a list of participating offices. Please check back soon as this will be regularly updated.
- Career Services
- College of Arts and Humanities
- CAH Student Advising (CAHSA)
- College of Business Administration
- Office of Professional Development
- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Undergraduate Affairs -Advising
- Criminal Justice
- Legal Studies
- Public Administration
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- CECS Academic Affairs Office
- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Student Academic Services
- Health Management Informatics
- College of Medicine
- Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences Undergraduate Advising
- College of Nursing
- Undergraduate Academic Advising
- College of Sciences
- COS Academic Services (COSAS)
- Politics, Security, and International Affairs
- Sociology and Social Sciences
- College of Undergraduate Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Experiential Learning
- Nicholson School of Communication and Media
- Pre-Health and Pre-Law Advising
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- UCF Abroad
Prepare for the Majors Fair
Before the Majors Fair
Complete a self-assessment
Explore majors and evaluate your options
Review the list of majors offered at UCF. Click on each major that interests you and read its description. Keep track of the majors that interest you most. Narrow your list to the majors and certificates you would most like to learn more about during the Majors Fair.
Mark off enough time on your personal calendar to attend the Majors Fair
Now that you have registered for this event, be sure to set a reminder to attend so that you do not miss the opportunity to connect with college advisors.
Prepare Questions to ask. Click below for a list of sample questions to get you started.
- What are the required courses for this major?
- Is there a minimum GPA required to be accepted into the major?
- What jobs do UCF graduates obtain with this degree?
- Will a bachelor’s degree in this major prepare me for a job in this field, or will I need to pursue a graduate degree?
- What would I learn about when studying this major?
- Do I need to declare the major before I can take these courses?
- Does this major require that I complete a minor?
- What are some examples of internships, research opportunities and/or clubs that are associated with this major? Where can I find more information about them
After the Majors Fair
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss how to change your major and discuss your course options moving forward.
- If you are still unsure about your major and want to continue exploring your options, schedule an appointment with an advisor in the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center (407-823-3165).
- Ask your advisor to help you run a “What If audit” report to determine how your courses will count in a different major.
- Declare your major/minor when you are ready. (you may change your major/minor at any time, as necessary).
- Check out these additional Helpful Resources:
The Majors Fair Scholarship has been established to acknowledge UCF students who attend and participate in the Majors Fair.
Multiple $300 scholarships will be awarded. Click here to review the scholarship criteria, including eligibility and application requirements. When you are ready to apply, click the application button below.