UCF Virtual Majors Fair
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:00AM – 2:00PM – Virtual
The Spring 2021 UCF Virtual Majors Fair is a fully online experience that connects current UCF students directly to academic colleges to learn more about the majors and minors offered at the University. In addition, students will have an opportunity to speak with college advisors, faculty members and staff from across campus. This event is an excellent opportunity for students to explore majors in one centralized location and learn about available campus resources to help them successfully navigate the major exploration process.
Who should attend?
All students are encouraged to attend this event! Specifically:
- Students who are Undeclared
- Students who are considering changing their major
- Students considering a minor and/or certificate
- Students interested in learning more about their declared major
This event is offered virtually through Zoom. Students must register to attend this event! The Zoom meeting information will be sent to the email address that is provide when registering. Knights or UCF email is required.
Students who attend will be eligible for prizes and giveaways. All new incoming students will receive 1,000 LINK Points for attending the event.
Schedule of Events
The full schedule of events will be available in mid-February. Please check for updates.
Please check back soon as this will be regularly updated. In the meantime, check out a list of previous participation offices below.
- College of Art and Humanities Student Advising
- College of Business Office of Professional Development
- College of Community Innovation and Education – Undergraduate Affairs
- College of Engineering and Computer Science – Academic Affairs Office
- College of Health Professions and Sciences
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing Undergraduate Student Services
- College of Sciences Advising Services
- Department of Health Management and Informatics
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center
- Nicholson School of Communication and Media
- Pre-Health Pre-Law Advising Office
- Physics Department
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- School of Public Administration
- Sociology Department
- UCF Career Services
- UCF Experiential Learning
Prepare for the Majors Fair
Before the Majors Fair
Complete a self-assessment
Explore majors and evaluate your options
Review the list of majors offered at UCF. Click on each major that interests you and read its description. Keep track of the majors that interest you most. Narrow your list to the majors and certificates you would most like to learn more about during the Majors Fair.
Mark off enough time on your personal calendar to attend the Majors Fair
Now that you have registered for this event, be sure to set a reminder to attend so that you do not miss the opportunity to connect with college advisors.
Prepare Questions to ask. Click below for a list of sample questions to get you started.
- What are the required courses for this major?
- Is there a minimum GPA required to be accepted into the major?
- What jobs do UCF graduates obtain with this degree?
- Will a bachelor’s degree in this major prepare me for a job in this field, or will I need to pursue a graduate degree?
- What would I learn about when studying this major?
- Do I need to declare the major before I can take these courses?
- Does this major require that I complete a minor?
- What are some examples of internships, research opportunities and/or clubs that are associated with this major? Where can I find more information about them
After the Majors Fair
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss how to change your major and discuss your course options moving forward.
- If you are still unsure about your major and want to continue exploring your options, schedule an appointment with an advisor in the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center (407-823-3165).
- Ask your advisor to help you run a “What If audit” report to determine how your courses will count in a different major.
- Declare your major/minor when you are ready. (you may change your major/minor at any time, as necessary).
- Check out these additional Helpful Resources: