– We are working on the Tourism Impacts research project aimed at developing new methods, models, and recommendations for tourism statistics and exploring the impacts of tourism development on residents’ quality of life, health, and well-being.
– Results at each stage of the project will be disseminated through the project website, social media accounts, etc., and all data collected during the project should be publicly available on the website in the form of charts, analytics dashboards, GIS maps, CSV datasets, and reports.
– We are ready to invite 2 undergraduate research assistants to help with the visualization of data (Data Visualization Assistant) and dissemination of project results in Social Media (SMM Assistant).
– The Data Visualization Assistant should be creative and have some experience with designing analytic dashboards. We will provide additional training and advice.
Start Date: 1/10/2022 - End Date: 4/15/2022
Type of Project
• Creating interactive and complex data visualizations (dashboards, GIS maps, charts, etc.) • Transforming data sets into compelling visuals
5-10 hours a week hour(s)
- Creative vision; - Fluency with Excel; - Passion for learning; - Some experience with analytics dashboards; - Interest in tourism research.
Interested in Working With the Following Programs
Independent Research Credit (4912)
Research and Mentoring Program
The project PI is Dr. Alan Fyall, the Associate Dean at the Rosen College.