Fall 2021 Withdrawal Deadline
The Fall 2021 deadline to withdraw is Friday, October 29 at 11:59 PM EDT
Learn the potential impacts of a course withdrawal and the important steps to take before choosing to withdraw from a course
Follow these five steps before making a course withdrawal decision
Speak with your course instructor
Discuss with your instructor course progress, the potential for completing the course successfully, and opportunities and resources for improvement.
Evaluate the impact of a course withdrawal on your financial aid awards
Withdrawals can impact disbursement of aid, Satisfactory Academic Progress, renewal of certain types of financial aid, and there may be financial consequences for the current semester. Speak with a financial aid counselor for additional information and assistance.
Meet with your academic advisor
Examine with your academic advisor the impact of a course withdrawal on course scheduling, meeting major progression or admission requirements, and academic and career goals.
Review your housing agreements
Verify minimum enrollment requirements for your housing agreements. UCF Housing residents should contact UCF Housing and Residence Life for additional guidance.
Discuss withdrawing with your family or support system
Review the impact of withdrawal on non-academic factors like insurance discounts and discuss how your support system may assist you.
Student-athletes, international students, and students participating in certain campus programs or activities should discuss a course withdrawal with the relevant campus offices.
Students exploring a course withdrawal due to a medical concern, involuntary call to active duty, or other extenuating circumstances, should visit the Registrar’s Office Academic Petitions page for information on course drop and withdrawal petitions.
Key impacts of a course withdrawal
Consider these important factors in your course withdrawal decision-making
- Withdrawn courses do not impact your GPA
- Withdrawing may assist with meeting GPA requirements for financial awards, academic standing, or other GPA-based requirements
- Eliminates course(s) from your class schedule
- Frees up time to seek support and focus on any remaining courses
- Does not result in a refund of tuition and fees for withdrawn courses
- The course attempt permanently remains on your academic record
- Withdrawn courses required for degree completion must be retaken in future semesters
- May negatively impact Satisfactory Academic Progress and renewal of certain types of financial aid
- May result in financial consequences for the current semester
Ready to complete a course withdrawal?
Access your myUCF Student Center Enrollment page to complete a course withdrawal prior to the current deadline