Academic Coaching & Engagement (ACE) PeerKnights Program
You choose the session topic. ACE PeerKnights Coaches can help you in many areas, including:
- Time management & organizational skills
- Study skills & test prep
- Textbook reading & note-taking
- Succeeding in online courses
- Navigating Webcourses
- Understanding different course modalities (mixed-mode, online, video-enhanced, etc.)
- Using the syllabus to plan for the semester in an online course
- Motivation & goal setting
- Stress management & overall wellness
- Campus resources & opportunities
*Please note: ACE PeerKnights Coaching is not tutoring; coaches do not provide subject-specific assistance.
Meet your ACE PeerKnights Coaches
Your ACE PeerKnights Coaches are UCF students with 3.0 or higher UCF GPA. They have received intensive training as well as learned from their own experiences! ACE PeerKnights Coaches are available to meet with you regularly throughout the semester and check in on your progress, as well as help keep you accountable for the goals and action plans devised in previous sessions. Check out http://academicsuccess.ucf.edu/peerknights to learn more about each coach!
Schedule an Appointment
You can now schedule your ACE Appointment online through myKnight STAR!
ACE PeerKnights Coaching is open to all students currently enrolled at UCF. Please log-on to myKnight STAR to schedule your first session. To access this site please login under myUCF Portal or follow the step-by-step instructions listed below.
An ACE staff member will follow up with you within 1–2 business days via email to confirm your appointment time.
For further questions regarding one-on-one appointments, please contact the ACE PeerKnights Coaching Program at ACEappointment@ucf.edu.
How To Schedule an ACE Coaching Appointment:
- Access your myUCF Portal
- Log in to your myUCF portal using your NID and NID password to access your Student Self Service menu.
- Click on the myKnight STAR link in the Student Self Service menu.
- Access myKnight STAR
- From the myKnight STAR home screen click on the Schedule Appointment button to begin scheduling an ACE Coaching appointment.
- Schedule Appointment
- Select Peer Support Programs as the type of appointment you would like to schedule
- Select Location: PeerKnights
- Select Service: ACE (PeerKnights)
- Leave the Course box blank
- Select Meeting Type: In-person or virtual. (We do not facilitate Phone Appointments.)
- Select a Date for your Appointment
- Select an Organizer (Coach) from the list
- Select a Time for your ACE Coaching Appointment
- You will get a screen confirming the details of your appointment. Select your preferred method for the reminder. (Update your phone number if needed).
- Select Schedule Appointment when you are ready to schedule.
Provide Feedback about the ACE Program
Did you have one or more ACE sessions this semester? If so, please take a few moments to fill out this survey. We adapt the program and our coaches’ training based on student feedback, so we value your input.
ACE Student Referral Form
If there is an undergraduate student currently enrolled at UCF that you believe would benefit from the ACE program, please complete the ACE Student Referral Form online here.
Group Academic Coaching Session Request
If you are interested in having SARC staff host an Academic Coaching session for a small group (5–10 individuals) you may complete the Group Academic Coaching Request online here. Requests can be made from staff, faculty, or students who want assistance with a similar topic. Requests will be accommodated as availability permits.
“The ACE program as a whole helped me realize my potential as a Knight… if it weren’t for my ACE coaching sessions, I would have never acquired the skills needed to live up to my fullest potential.”
“I sincerely enjoyed the ability to be a part of the program. I felt it influenced me very positively and definitely made me motivated to make both my coach and myself happy.”
“If it weren't for the ACE program along with my ACE coach, I don't know how I would've found the motivation to get myself out of academic probation. I am so grateful to have been put into this wonderful program. Thank you to you and your team for showing me what I am truly capable of achieving and for giving me hope!”