The KMETC Major Exploration Peer Advisors support undeclared and major exploring students on their major exploration journey and help students find a major that they are passionate about. KMETC Peer Advisors will help you achieve your goals both personally and academically throughout your journey.
The KMETC Major Exploration Peer Advisors can provide a unique, shared experience as they too all went through the major exploration process. Now, they have a lot of experience spanning many different areas of UCF and college in general, and are here to share those experiences with you! KMETC Peer Advisors will share the various exploration resources offered at UCF, helping you build the skills needed to aid in your decision making. Our Peer Advisors can also help you connect with clubs, introduce you to different offices around campus, answer questions about how to explore majors, or generally support you throughout the semester.
Once you have met with a KMETC Peer Advisor, you will then work with our professional KMETC Major Exploration Academic Advisors to further your understanding of what UCF has to offer and how you can work towards declaring a major that you feel confident about!
What We Do
KMETC Peer Advisors ARE
- Current UCF students, who have also been undecided or gone through a major exploration process.
- People who have most likely had or are having similar personal and/or academic experiences to you.
- A mentor you can feel comfortable coming to for help with questions.
KMETC Peer Advisors ARE NOT
- Professional Academic Advisors: while your Peer Advisor offer their own experiences and opinions, questions regarding course schedules, credits, registering for courses, program requirements, or anything of that nature should be directed to an academic advisor rather than your Peer Advisor.
- Professional Career Advisors: while your Peer Advisor can aid you in brainstorming and realizing a career you might be interested in pursuing, we are not trained professional career advisors. If you would like access to a career advisor for resume critiques, cover letter critiques, or interview prep, please contact UCF Career Services.
- Mental Health Counselors: while Peer Advisors are fellow students who you can feel comfortable talking with about both personal and academic issues, we are not trained to give serious help and counseling. You should reach out to professional mental health counselors, such as those at CAPS, if you are struggling or need help with your mental health.
Schedule An Appointment
Interested in scheduling an appointment to meet with a KMETC Major Exploration Peer Advisor? Call the Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center and request a major exploration appointment today. 407-823-3165