Meet the Peers
Click on the Peer Coach image to learn more about them.
Who We Are
The KMETC Major Exploration Peer Coaching Program supports undeclared and major exploring students on their major exploration journey and helps students find a major that they are passionate about. The goal of the program and the Peer Coaches is to help students realize and achieve their goals both personally and academically throughout your journey.
By connecting students with various resources offered at UCF, students will build the skills needed to aid in their success. Whether needing help connecting with clubs, finding a great study space on campus, questions about how to explore majors, or support throughout the semester, peer coaches are here for you. The KMETC Peer Coaches can provide a unique, shared experience as they too all went through the major exploration process. Now, they have a lot of experience spanning many different areas of UCF and college in general, and are here to share those experiences with you! Even if they cannot give students the answers they are looking for, they can direct you to someone who can!
What We Do
Peer Coaches ARE
- Current UCF students, who have also been undecided or gone through a major exploration process.
- People who have most likely had or are having similar personal and/or academic experiences to you.
- A mentor you can feel comfortable coming to for help with questions.
Peer Coaches ARE NOT
- Professional Academic Advisors: while your peer coach can offer their own experiences and opinions, questions regarding course schedules, credits, registering for courses, program requirements, or anything of that nature should be directed to an academic advisor rather than your peer coach.
- Professional Career Advisors: while your peer coach can aid you in brainstorming and realizing a career you might be interested in pursuing, we are not trained professional career advisors. If you would like access to a career advisor for resume critiques, cover letter critiques, or interview prep, please contact UCF Career Services.
- Mental Health Counselors: while peer coaches are fellow students who you can feel comfortable talking with about both personal and academic issues, we are not trained to give serious help and counseling. You should reach out to professional mental health counselors, such as those at CAPS, if you are struggling or need help with your mental health.