Students in this program will:
- Experience a small learning community at a large research university. We strive to provide opportunities for our L.E.A.R.N. students to build one-on-one relationships with faculty, staff, and other students on campus.
- Receive personalized academic advising through a dedicated F-L.E.A.R.N. academic advisor, priority registration, and a scholarship.
- Enroll in Introduction to Research courses to produce a research proposal and poster presentation. Introduction to Research I (one credit) is taken in the fall semester and Introduction to Research II (one credit) is taken in the spring semester.
- Engage in a 12-week research apprenticeship with a graduate student-faculty mentor team.
- Participate in academic, social, and community service activities through UCF-sponsored events to build and strengthen their network of peers.
- Acquire skills that will make them qualified and competitive to apply to upper-level undergraduate research programs and internships.
This program is run by the UCF Office of Undergraduate Research.