Motivation & Persistence
We all lose motivation at times. Passion and excitement for a long-term goal can only get you so far until hard work, grit, and dedication must kick in. But how do you get those things? It starts with a growth mindset!
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- 5 Steps to Developing a Growth Mindset
- 25 Ways to Develop a Growth Mindset
- What Can I Say to Myself? – Examples of growth and fixed-mindset sayings.
What’s Your Motivation?
- Money Wasted – This worksheet will calculate how much money you pay for every lecture. If you do not attend, how much money are you wasting?
- GPA Calculator – A guide to help you calculate your GPA using myUCF.
- Motivation Web – When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.
- Passion Map – This worksheet can help you find and recognize your passions and plan how to explore these passions.
- 3 Motivation Boosts Backed by Science – Feeling stuck and unmotivated? This worksheet gives 3 different ways to jump start your motivation.
Goals, Grit, and Red Flags
- SMART Goals – This worksheet will help you create goals with concrete action plans to achieve them.
- Academic Action Plan – Set expectations and find resources for this semester.
- Reward System – Want to make productivity fun? Set up a rewards system for yourself.
- Understanding Change, Motivation, and Self-Efficacy – The one motivation worksheet to rule them all. This is a comprehensive guide to understanding why you do (or do not!) do things, and how to adjust to achieve your goals.
- Maintenance Worksheet – Identify how you’ve gotten as far as you have, and identify red flags that will alert you if you are slipping back into old behaviors.
- 5 Types of Self-Control Strategies – You know you need more self-control, but how? This handout describes five ways you can help yourself gain more self-control.
- Grit Ladder – Plan your day-to-day tasks based on what you want long-term.
- Grit Scale – How much grit do you have?