Timing is everything. Many students’ academics are improved simply by creating and following an effective time-management plan.
Our Effective Time Management video will give you an introduction to several time-management systems. Choose the one right for you, or schedule an ACE coaching session to customize a plan suited to you and your life.
- Three-List Method – (shown in video) Start with long-term goals and break them down into smaller items.
- 8-Hour Day – (shown in video) Schedule your days by hour, planning on a 40-hour work week.
- Student Schedule, Excel – or Student Schedule, pdf – (shown in video) Make a weekly schedule, broken down by the hour.
- Study Hours per Class – Calculate how many hours per week are typical for your classes.
- Super Scheduler – Plan your semester with this schedule that starts with a monthly view, then narrows down to weekly and daily tasks.
- Eisenhower Matrix – What should you do first? An Eisenhower Matrix can help you prioritize what is most urgent.
- Gantt Chart Break down a large project into a visual timeline of smaller tasks.
- Planning Ahead Worksheet A blank layout to plan 2 weeks of daily tasks.
Semester & Syllabus Planning
- Semester at a Glance Summer 2021 See and plan your entire semester on one page.
- Combined Semester Syllabus Create one master assignment list for all your courses.
- Semester Score Sheet Calculate what grades are possible based on what you have already completed and what is left in each class.
- Smart Semester Strategy Make a plan for this semester.
- Syllabus Review Organize all the information from your syllabus on one handy sheet.