To request a letter of recommendation from staff at the Academic Advancement Programs, review the following criteria CAREFULLY:
- In order to submit this form, you must have had a face-to-face conversation with an AAP staff member who agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- You must be in good standing with AAP, and the program you are affiliated with.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA is required, unless the AAP participant has shown a steadily increase in performance in recent semesters. Please contact us with questions or clarification.
- All requests must be submitted a minimum of two weeks before the program deadline in order to ensure completion and delivery.
- DO NOT use the AAP email for official application information. When filling out the letter of request form from programs, please use either CMRS@ucf.edu for Colleen Smith's email, Natalia.Toro@ucf.edu for Dr. Natalia Toro’s email or MAJ@ucf.edu for Michael Aldarondo-Jeffries’ email.
- Submit this form to give more details for the letter you are requesting (1 form for each program), and we will contact you if we have any questions.
- If you need more than one letter of recommendation, please fill out a separate form for each letter you are requesting.
- All information must be filled out for each program you are applying to. Please provide as much detail with the submission process
- Attach any forms that need to be completed with the letter of recommendation.
- If your letter has not been submitted 48 hours prior to the deadline, please send firstname.lastname@example.org a gentle reminder. We do our best to submit letters in a timely manner but are often processing numerous letters in a short time frame.
- Please be aware that we do not send letters directly to you. We can only send letters to the program or scholarship. Please submit an email, mailing address, or link to the program so that we can upload or mail the letter directly.
(i.e. McNair, RAMP, Pre-Grad Knights)
AAP Alumni Information
For example, please provide the university, faculty you worked with, and year you had experience(s) with any of the following programs: REUs, SURF, SURE, FURC, or other conferences.
Please type the name of the program, scholarship, or position you are asking a letter of recommendation, or reference, for in the box below.
Please include information you would like us to include with your letter and any additional notes you believe would help us in writing your letter. This way, we can mention these attributes in your reference email/phone call.
Should we receive an email from the program? Are we so submit the letter via email by a certain date/time? Please provide all details so that we may successful submit the letter of recommendation for you.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Uploading a resume, or CV, is required for a letter of recommendation. You may also upload more documents to help the letter writer.
Max. file size: 16 MB.
Drop files here or
Please read the instructions at the top of the page to find your eligibility. As a reminder, you must have had a face-to-face conversation with an AAP staff member who already agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you in order to submit this form.