One-on-One Peer Tutoring
Find group tutoring sessions too overwhelming? Looking for one-on-one assistance? Individual Tutoring is now available for students enrolled in selected courses at UCF! Our peer tutors are now available for hour long appointments in a variety of STEM and business courses, as well as for Spanish I & II. For a full list of the courses we are supporting this semester, please scroll to the bottom of this page. All of our tutors are trained to help facilitate learning and not only help you understand course content but become a better student at UCF.
Please note that our individual tutoring sessions are limited. We encourage you to attend our Group Tutoring Sessions before booking a one-on-one appointment.
- During one-on-one sessions SARC Peer Tutors will guide your learning of course material and concepts. A more tailored approach to study skills development for course-specific content will help you reach your academic goals. Please be sure to bring your course syllabus, course notes, textbooks, and any specific questions you may have for the tutor.
- All one-on-one sessions will be held online.
- Sessions can be scheduled in either 30-minute or 1-hour block appointments.
One-on-One Policies & Guidelines
- Please arrive promptly 5-10 minutes early to your appointment and your peer tutor will meet you at that time.
- Please schedule appointments at least 12 to 24 hours in advance, to give tutors the time to prepare.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance.
- We have a strict No-Show Policy. After 2 missed appointments you cannot schedule appointments online. To regain access, you will need to contact our coordinator.
- There is a 15-minute late policy for all one-on-one sessions. If you have not entered the session within the first 15-minutes, the tutor will end the session and you are considered a No-Show.
- If you are having technical issues, please make contact with your tutor to inform them of the issue, and avoid the tutor promptly leaving at the 15-minute mark.
- Please make sure to only schedule for the amount of time your need.
- Please make sure to only schedule during times that you are available.
Booking an Appointment
Scheduling of one-on-one tutoring appointments will take place in the Peer Tutoring Penji Community. Once on the site you will be prompted to log in using your UCF email sign on (SSO). You can also follow the step by step instructions listed on our Scheduling Your One-on-One Tutoring Appointment page.
For further questions regarding One-on-One appointments, please contact Jennifer Franklin at Jennifer.Franklin@ucf.edu
Fall 2023 One-on-One Courses:
- BSC 2010 – General Biology I
- MCB 3020 – Microbiology
- PCB 3233 – Immunology
- PCB 3703 – Human Physiology
- Admissions Exams – Biological Sciences
- ACG 2021 – Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 – Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ACG 3131 – Intermediate Accounting
- ECO 2013 – Microeconomics
- FIN 3403 – Business Finance
- QMB 3003 – Quantitative Business Tools I
- CHM 1025 – Introduction to Chemistry
- CHM 2045 – Chemistry Fundamentals I
- CHM 2046 – Chemistry Fundamentals II
- Admissions Exams – General Chemistry
- CHM 2210 – Organic Chemistry I
- CHM 2211 – Organic Chemistry II
- Admissions Exams – Organic Chemistry
- BCH 4053 – Biochemistry I
- Admissions Exams – Biochemistry
- COP 3223 – Introduction to Computer Programming
- COP 3330 – Object Oriented Programming
- COP 3502 – Computer Science I
- COT 3100 – Introduction to Discrete Structures
- EGN 3310 – Statics
- EGN 3343 – Thermodynamics
- PHY 2048 – Physics I using Calculus
- PHY 2049 – Physics II using Calculus
- PHY 2053 – College Physics I
- PHY 2054 – College Physics II
- Admissions Exams – College Physics
- SPN 1120 – Spanish Language I
- SPN 1121 – Spanish Language II
- SPN 1150 – Intensive Beginning Spanish
- STA 2014 – Principles of Statistics
- STA 2023 – Statistical Methods I