Tutoring is currently available for students enrolled in UCF, students of College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS). Regular, consistent, and constant participation in SARC Peer Tutoring each and every week will increase the chances of achieving academic goals for the semester.
Benefits include receiving extra assistance with concepts and materials presented in class, learning the material from a different point of view, ability to attend online tutoring sessions, and learning in a group setting with other UCF Knights. All of the tutors are internationally certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) Level I & II certification and are trained to facilitate learning
Covering over 30 subjects during the semester, SARC Peer Tutors also conducts Final Review Sessions during final exam week as a part of UCF’s Study Union programming.
- During tutoring sessions, SARC Peer Tutors will answer questions you have concerning class material and concepts and will guide the discussion to allow for comprehension and understanding of the material presented in during lecture. Additionally, Peer Tutors will provide suggestions on how to approach the course to reach your academic goals. They will demonstrate how to take notes, read the textbook, and study techniques necessary for academic success.
- When attending a session you will need to bring: course syllabus, course notes and
materials presented in class, course textbook(s), and any questions you have for the tutor.
Booking an Appointment (Group and One-on-One)
To book an appointment, please click on the link(s) listed under Resources. Scheduling of one-on-one and In-Person group appointments will take place on myKnightSTAR. To schedule an appointment please login under my.ucf.edu and follow the step-by-step instructions linked below:
- Scheduling a Group Tutoring session (online)
- Scheduling a Group Tutoring Appointment (in-person)
- Scheduling a one-on-one appointment
Labs (SARC, CECS & DTC)
SARC averages a tutorial staff of 35-40 peer tutors per semester with tutors offering assistance for over 300 hours per week at the labs. Our facilities include the SARC lab located at Trevor Colbourn Hall Room 117, as well as the Learning Support Center at UCF Downtown (D): Dr. Phillips Academic Commons, Room 330 (bridge) 3rd floor. All students are welcome to attend any session at any lab.
- Please note there is no food and/or drinks allowed in the tutoring labs.
- Students are required to wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor spaces on campus, including while attending SARC services.
- Students should provide a mask for themselves and it must fit snugly to the face.
- Neck gaiters; open-chinned triangle bandanas; and face coverings containing valves, mesh materials or holes of any kind are not acceptable.
- SARC will follow all UCF guidelines related to COVID-19.