Tutoring is currently available for students enrolled in UCF. Regular, consistent, and constant participation in SARC Peer Tutoring each and every week will increase the chances of achieving academic goals for the semester.
Benefits include receiving extra assistance with concepts and materials presented in class, learning the material from a different point of view, ability to attend online tutoring sessions, and learning in a group setting with other UCF Knights. All of the tutors are internationally certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) Level I & II certification and are trained to facilitate learning.
Covering over 30 subjects during the semester, SARC Peer Tutors also conducts Final Review Sessions during final exam week as a part of UCF’s Study Union programming.
- During tutoring sessions, SARC peer tutors will guide you through the class material and lead a discussion to allow for comprehension and understanding of the material presented in during lecture. Additionally, Peer Tutors will provide suggestions on how to approach the course to reach your academic goals. They will demonstrate how to take notes, read the textbook, and study techniques necessary for academic success.
- When attending a session you will need to bring: course syllabus, course notes and
materials presented in class, course textbook(s), and any questions you have for the tutor.
SARC Locations (SARC, CECS & DTC)
- SARC averages a tutorial staff of 35-40 peer tutors per semester with tutors offering assistance for over 300 hours per week. Our facilities include:
- SARC@TCH 117 located in Trevor Colbourn Hall, room 117
- SARC@CECS located in the atrium of the Engineering II building,
- SARC@UCF Downtown located in the Dr. Phillips Academic Commons (DPAC), Room 330. All students are welcome to attend any session at any location.
- Please note there is no food and/or drinks allowed in any of the tutoring locations.
- Face coverings are encouraged face-to-face sessions.