The Letters Packet Request is now OPEN for Medical (M.D. and D.O.) and Dental (D.M.D. and D.D.S) school applicants for the 2021-2022 application year (i.e., applicants applying in Summer 2021 to begin medical or dental school in Fall 2022). Please review the information below to learn more about how our Letters Packet service works prior to beginning a Letters Packet Request.
What is the UCF Letters Packet?
The UCF Letters Packet is different than a Committee Letter. Please see the AAMC description below of a Committee Letter compared to a Letters Packet:
Letter Packet: A packet or set of letters assembled and distributed by your institution. A Letter Packet may include a cover sheet from your prehealth committee or advisor. However, unlike to a Committee Letter, a Letter Packet does not include an evaluative letter from your prehealth committee or advisor. The UCF Letters Packet also provides applicants the opportunity to include an optional autobiography with their Letters Packet!
Committee Letter: A letter authored by a prehealth committee or prehealth advisor and intended to represent your institution’s evaluation of you. A Committee Letter may or may not include additional letters written in support of your application. This is sometimes called a Composite Letter.
Who is Eligible to Request the Letters Packet?
UCF students and alumni who meet the following criteria are welcome to request a Letters Packet formation:
- Must be applying to medical school via AMCAS or AACOMAS or dental school via AADSAS during the 2021-2022 application cycle for entry in Fall 2022. We also work with students applying to Texas medical and dental schools via TMDSAS.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of academic credit at UCF by the end of Spring 2021
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0
Recommended Types/Amount of Letters
We suggest that you solicit letters from three (3) populations, for a total of five (5) letters, to be used in your Letters Packet:
- 2 Science Faculty Members (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics)
- 1 Non-Science Faculty Member (All Other Disciplines Not Listed Above)
- 2 Character References (Employers, Research Supervisors, Health Professionals, etc.)
To view the specific letter of evaluation requirements by the Florida medical and dental schools, reference our Florida Medical and Dental Schools – Letter Requirements page. Following the suggested format to five letters listed above will satisfy the letters of evaluation requirements for all Florida medical and dental schools and for the majority of medical and dental schools in the U.S..
How does the Letters Packet process work?
For more detailed instructions and information on how the UCF Letters Packet works, please review our 2021-2022 Letters Packet Instruction Manual. For more information on the optional autobiography, please click here!
Deadlines for Submitting a Letters Packet Request
Your goal should be to submit your Letters Packet request to PHPL Advising as soon as you have confirmed all of your letter writers. The following zones are designed to encourage you to aim for an early submission date.
- Gold Zone: May 17th, 2021
- Silver Zone: June 14th, 2021
- Bronze Zone: August 2nd, 2021 (FINAL deadline to submit a Letters Packet request)
You will not be able to submit Letters Packet Request to our office after 11:59pm on August 2nd, 2021. Please Note: your actual letters of evaluation from your letter writers can be received after August 2nd; however, you should encourage your letter writers to submit their letters as early as possible. Remember, your Letters Packet will not be uploaded to your application service until after ALL your letters have been received by our office.
Final Notes & Contact Information
- You will be enrolled in the Letters Packet Webcourse within 5-10 business days after completing your Letters Packet Request Form.
- You will utilize the Letters Packet Webcourse for the following:
- to upload your autobiography (should you choose to include one)
- to upload your AMCAS Request form (MD applicants only)
- to track the status of your letters being received by PHPL Advising
- After we upload your completed Letters Packet to your application service, you will receive an email from your application service letting you know that your letter from Erin Myszkowski (Director of PHPL Advising) has been received.
If you have questions that are not answered in the 2021-2022 Letters Packet Instruction Manual, please contact our Letters Packet Coordinator, Courtney Martinez, at email@example.com or (407) 823-0101.
Please Note: You will NOT be able to add additional letter writers after submitting your Letters Packet Request Form. Do not submit your Letters Packet Request Form until after you have received permission from ALL of the letter writers you intend to include in your Letters Packet.