PHPL Advisors are available in-person and virtually for advising appointments and virtually for drop-in advising. Call our office to schedule an advising appointment (407-823-0101), or read below about our virtual drop-in advising hours.
Link to PHPL Drop-In Advising: https://ucf.zoom.us/j/98221662204
We advise the following students* in ANY MAJOR:
|Pre-Physical Therapy||Pre-Occupational Therapy|
*We do not advise students interested in graduate programs in Nursing, Athletic Training, Nutrition, and Anesthesiologist Assistant.
NOTE; For course selections: PHPL Advisors will advise students with course schedule planning their prerequisite courses ONLY for health professional schools, BUT students should receive advising from the advisors in their major, department, or college if they want to plan their entire course schedule and to ensure they are on track for course requirements for graduation.
Advising Options – Appointments, Group Advising, & Drop-ins
Drop-In Advising – Fr, Soph, Jr, Sr, & Alumni:
Do you have a quick question? Virtually visit the Pre-Health and Pre-Law Advising office via Zoom during our drop-in hours where you will be able to meet with an advisor for up to 15 minutes to ask brief questions. Please see the top of this page or below for the Virtual Drop-In access link.
Link to PHPL Drop-In Advising: https://ucf.zoom.us/j/91589423390
This Week’s Virtual Drop-In Schedule:
- Monday: 2:00pm-3:30pm ET (Advisor: Chauntrice Riley-Stanford)
- Tuesday: 11:00am-12:00pm ET (Advisor: Kimberly Finley)
- Tuesday: 2:30pm-4:00pm ET (Advisor: Courtney Martinez)
- Wednesday: 2:30pm-3:30pm ET (Advisor: Chauntrice Riley-Stanford)
- Thursday: 9:30am-10:30am ET (Advisor: Courtney Martinez)
- Thursday: 2:00pm-3:30pm ET (Advisor: Kimberly Finley)
Be aware: Advisors assigned to each walk-in time are subject to change due to illnesses, other meetings, etc.
Appointments – Soph, Jr, Sr, & Alumni:
Individual advising appointments are for students who have completed over 29 credits hours. Appointments are 30-45 minutes and provide one-on-one detailed advising for students. Appointments may be scheduled Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00 pm. To schedule an individual appointment, please call our office at 407-823-0101.
Our advisors will meet with to anyone in the following categories:
- Current UCF Students
- UCF Alumni
- “DirectConnect to UCF” Students (Valencia College, Seminole State College, Eastern Florida State College, Lake-Sumter State College, Daytona State College, College of Central Florida)
- Incoming students (Freshman or Transfer) who already have an orientation date and have paid an enrollment deposit
- Second-degree-seeking or Non-degree-seeking students who have been admitted to UCF or are currently taking classes
If you are not in one of the above categories but still have questions, please e-mail the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to answer your questions.
Freshmen Advising Options:
· Freshmen Group Advising
· Virtual Drop-in Advising (Up to 15 minutes)
· PHPL Workshops and Webinars
· 1-on-1 Advising Appointment
·Virtual Drop-in Advising (Up to 15 minutes)
· PHPL Workshops and Webinars
Freshmen Group Advising:
Freshmen group advising is designed for Pre-Health students who completed 0-29 credit hours. This is a Zoom information session includes 30 minutes presentation about academic expectations, extracurricular activities and brief discussion of application timeline. The second 30 minutes of the session will be open Q&A.
Link to Freshmen Group Advising: https://ucf.zoom.us/j/94670306079
Freshmen Group Advising Dates for January:
- Tuesday January 18th at 2:00pm-3:00pm ET
- Wednesday January 19th at 2:00-3:00pm ET
- Wednesday January 26th at 10:30am-11:30am ET
- Thursday January 27th at 10:30-11:30am ET
Advising appointments in the Pre-Health and Pre-Law Advising office are in very high demand and the number of students seeking appointments continues to increase. As a result, the following necessary policies are implemented to assure maximum efficiency in the delivery of the PHPL Advising office’s services.
Students are permitted to reschedule only one appointment during each semester. On the second attempt to reschedule, students then will be limited to meeting with the PHPL advisors during walk-in hours ONLY for the remainder of the semester.
Students are permitted only one cancelled appointment during each semester. On the second attempt to cancel, students then will be limited to meeting with the PHPL advisors during walk-in hours ONLY for the remainder of the semester.
Missed (No-Show) Appointments:
Students who do not attend a regularly scheduled appointment and do not call in advance to reschedule or cancel then will be limited to meeting with the PHPL advisors during walk-in hours ONLY for the remainder of the semester.
Our advisors appreciate the understanding of our Pre-Health and Pre-Law students to observe the aforementioned policies so that the maximum number of students can be served each semester.