The Office of Undergraduate Research at UCF offers a number of opportunities for faculty mentors to help fund their students research with a simple endorsement.
OUR Funding Opportunities
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- This is a 10-week summer program that provides scholarship support directly to participating students
- There are 2 tracks:
- SURF Fellows: culminates in a poster forum
- Publishing Fellows: culminates in a completed manuscript for submission to a journal
- OUR Student Research Grants
- Can be used to purchase materials and equipment or pay for research-related travel costs
- These funds are disbursed to faculty for use on student projects
- OUR Conference Travel Awards
- These funds are disbursed to departmental accounts for use on university travel for undergraduates who are presenting research off-campus.
- Scholarship opportunities for outstanding research
- We encourage strong undergraduate researchers to submit for the Distinguished Undergraduate Researcher Award
Additional information about funding opportunities can be found on the Student Funding Opportunities page.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
FWS can also be used to support Research Assistants during the Fall and Spring semesters. This page breaks down how to secure FWS funding for undergraduate research assistants.