By Jesse Sunski | May 23, 2023
The Advisor Training and Development team recognized members of the community that earned the Student Success and Advising (SSA) Certificate at the Advisor Enhancement Program (AEP) meeting on April 28, 2023. Individuals that completed the Bronze or Silver level of the certificate were also recognized for their progress.
To earn the SSA Certificate, participants complete 20 unique courses and professional development activities across the Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels of the program. At the conclusion of the Spring 2023 review period, two individuals completed the Academic Advisor track, while one individual completed the Student Support track. Each recipient received a framed certificate and a small gift recognizing their accomplishment.
The 21 individuals that completed the Bronze or Silver levels of the SSA Certificate were acknowledged for their efforts towards overall completion. The six individuals completing the Silver level of the SSA certificate were provided a choice of one NACADA pocket guide to add to their personal professional development libraries in recognition of their accomplishment.
As of April 2023, 19 academic advisors, career and success coaches, and other UCF professionals have completed the required components to earn the SSA Certificate. An additional 128 people have completed either the Bronze or Silver levels of the SSA Certificate.
Congratulations to everyone that completed the Bronze or Silver level requirements or earned the SSA Certificate!
The following individuals earned the Student Success and Advising Certificate during the Spring 2023 review period.
Rosen College of Hospitality Management
Academic Advisor track
College of Community Innovation and Education
Academic Advisor track
Student Support track
The following individuals completed either the Bronze or Silver levels of the Student Success and Advising Certificate during the Spring 2023 review period.
Academic Advisor track – Silver Completion
- Becca Lasala, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Yoannie Quiñones, UCF Global
Academic Advisor track – Bronze Completion
- *Nyree Brown, College of Arts and Humanities
- *Lima Caban, College of Health Professions and Sciences
- *Jasmine Carter, College of Business Administration
- *Nina Garcia, College of Health Professions and Sciences
- *Grace Gonzalez, Department of Health Sciences
- *Ajah Harris, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- *Luke Haslebacher, College of Sciences
- *Destiny Makepeace, College of Sciences
- *Sarah Miklos, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- *Octavia Mulberry, Department of Health Sciences
- *Heather Nuñez-Rojas, College of Community Innovation and Education
- *Sandra Tabert, Biology Department
- *Amanda Yeargin, UCF Global
* Bronze Level earned through the completion of the New Advisor Training Curriculum: Phase 1
Student Support track – Silver Completion
- Megan Blanco, College of Business Administration
- Joely Hart, UCF Online
- Jama Riley, UCF Online
- Danya Wright, UCF Connect
Student Support track – Bronze Completion
- Emily Asaro, UCF Online
- Josh Villa, UCF Connect
About the SSA Certificate
The Student Success and Advising (SSA) Certificate provides a structured professional development curriculum for the UCF advising community, formally recognizing individuals who continue to advance their knowledge and skills. Programs included in the SSA Certificate are facilitated by the Advisor Training and Development team, members of the advising community, and partners across the UCF campus. Participants complete a core of required courses and have the flexibility to select restricted electives based on their interests, skillset, and current roles and responsibilities. The certificate includes three levels of completion, requiring a minimum of 17 training sessions plus participation in at least 3 professional development activities. A historical record of SSA Certificate progress and completion is available on the SSA Professional Development page.