The mission of the Advisor Training and Development team is to develop and implement comprehensive training and professional development for the UCF academic advising community. This includes collaboration with college advising units and campus partners to facilitate programming that is accurate, timely, and high-quality. The ATD team also manages the myKnight STAR (EAB-Navigate) project and associated training.
The Advisor Training and Development team resides within the Student Success and Advising unit in the Division of Student Success and Well-Being.
Signature Programs and Services
- New Advisor Training Curriculum (required for all new Advisor positions)
- Student Success and Advising Certificate (optional but highly encouraged)
- myKnight STAR Training (required for access to myKnight STAR platform by advisors, faculty, and other relevant campus roles)
- Additional professional development opportunities, such as webinars, book clubs, and monthly programming on critical and emerging topics in academic advising and higher education
Additional Responsibilities or Collaborations
- Management of the Student Success and Advising website, including the creation of student-facing guides and resources
- Distribution of two newsletters, the Student Success and Advising Quarterly Digest and the Advisor Training and Development Monthly Insider
- Support of the UCF Academic Advising Awards program
- Support of the monthly Advisor Enhancement Program (AEP) meetings
- Registrar’s Office
- Student Financial Assistance
- Student Care Services
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center
- Pre-Health Pre-Law Advising
- Office of Diversity Education and Training
- College Advising Offices
- Advising Leadership Council
Call for proposals
The Advisor Training and Development Team invites members of the UCF community to submit program proposals to be considered for inclusion in the ATD Programming Menu. Our goal is to allow the advising community and campus partners an opportunity to share knowledge and best practices while also developing and enhancing presentation skills.
Programs may be considered for a standalone opportunity, part of the SSA Professional Development or SSA Celebrates Advising and Coaching weeks, or part of a monthly Advisor Enhancement Program meeting. Submit a program by the deadlines below for priority consideration for inclusion in the respective semester programming menu.
Program proposals are considered on a rolling basis. Submit now!
Proposal Priority Deadlines
|Fall 2023||August 4|
|Spring 2024||November 17|
|Summer 2024||April 5|
SSA Communication Requests
The Advisor Training and Development team manages the UCF advising community listserv, including individuals in academic advising, student coaching, and student resource specialist positions, as well as other campus partners.
Communications requests may be submitted to the ATD team for distribution through the following channels:
- SSA Digest
- ATD Monthly Insider
- Direct distribution to AEP listserv
Newsletter Distribution Calendar
|Publication||Month||Content Deadline||Distribution Date|
|SSA Digest||August||August 21, 2023||August 28, 2023|
|Monthly Insider||September||September 8, 2023||September 13, 2023|
|Monthly Insider||October||September 27, 2023||October 2, 2023|
|Monthly Insider||November||November 3, 2023||November 9, 2023|
|Monthly Insider||December||November 27, 2023||December 1, 2023|
Training Specialist I
Training Specialist I
Business Data Analyst I
Location: Trevor Colbourn Hall, suite 133