The mission of the Advisor Training and Development team is to develop and implement comprehensive training and professional development for the UCF academic advising community. This includes collaboration with college advising units and campus partners to facilitate programming that is accurate, timely, and high-quality. The ATD team also manages the myKnight STAR (EAB-Navigate) project and associated training.
The Advisor Training and Development team resides within the Student Success and Advising unit in the Division of Student Learning and Academic Success.
Signature Programs and Services
- New Advisor Training Curriculum (required for all new Advisor positions)
- Student Success and Advising Certificate (optional but highly encouraged)
- myKnight STAR Training (required for access to myKnight STAR platform by advisors, faculty, and other relevant campus roles)
- Additional professional development opportunities, such as webinars, book clubs, and monthly programming on critical and emerging topics in academic advising and higher education
Additional Responsibilities or Collaborations
- Management of the Student Success and Advising website, including the creation of student-facing guides and resources
- Distribution of two newsletters, the Student Success and Advising Quarterly Digest and the Advisor Training and Development Monthly Insider
- Support of the UCF Academic Advising Awards program
- Support of the monthly Advisor Enhancement Program (AEP) meetings
- Registrar’s Office
- Student Financial Assistance
- Student Care Services
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Knights Major Exploration and Transition Center
- Pre-Health Pre-Law Advising
- Office of Diversity Education and Training
- College Advising Offices
- Advising Leadership Council
Check back in August for the Fall 2022 Programming Menu. Check the ATD Events Calendar for summer programs.
For SSA Certificate programs from external partners check Workday Learning for course availability.