What do the different position types in Handshake mean?
- Job – a paid, part or full time professional position, that may be hourly or salaried.
- Internship – a single semester, major related, paid or unpaid opportunity that may be used for academic credit. Only open to current students
- Co-op – a multi-semester, major related, paid position. At UCF, there are two types of co-ops. An ‘EL Signature Co-op’ where academic registration is required and others that are not. Only open to current students.
- Volunteer – unpaid, non-credit, part time or temporary position. May also include job shadowing opportunities.
Watch a video https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219426877-Video-How-to-Search-for-Jobs
Watch a video https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219426837-Video-How-to-Edit-a-Document
Watch a video https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219426737-Video-How-to-Follow-a-Job
Be sure to use the “el-approved” label when searching for internships and co-ops. Only positions that have been labeled as such, have been approved to be credit eligible through Experiential Learning. Please note, credit registration will still have to be reviewed by appropriate Faculty Coordinator and/or Academic Advisor depending on the major and academic program requirements. Even students who don’t require credit could still register for zero credit internship courses.
Use Handshake to make an appointment or call (407) 823-2667.
- Once in Handshake student dashboard, click Appointments on the left hand navigation bar
- You will see the option to pick a category and type of appointment
- Select the category and type of appointment you are interested in scheduling
- You will be taken to the next available appointment times once you have selected an appointment category and type
- Click on a time that works for you or click on staff member to see the availability of different staff members
- Enter details about the appointment in the What can we help you with? section and then click Request at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment
- Make sure that you check your notifications for updates to the status of your appointment
Service-Learning Student Resources
Questions for Transfer Students Seeking SL Certificate
SL Student Publishing Venues
Identifying Your Civic Interests Article
SL Hours Tally Sheet
SL Safety Manual
SL On the Job Conduct
SL Community Partner Profile Form
UCF Model Release Form