Founded in 2003, the Undergraduate Research Council (URC) provides leadership and direction for the UCF undergraduate research community. Members are (1) faculty representatives from academic departments or (2) staff from supporting offices. This council is organized through the Office of Undergraduate Research.
The URC serves as a conduit of information to ensure that the campus community is aware of programs, opportunities, and updates pertinent to students and faculty engaged in undergraduate research activity. Members also serve a critical function by serving as reviewers for program applications and poster conferences
We are committed to supporting these researchers across campus through these core goals:
- Preparing timely programmatic updates to departmental representatives through 6 meetings per academic year
- Offering leadership to advance equitable undergraduate research opportunities across campus
- Guiding successful campus-wide implementation of undergraduate research programs and opportunities
- Identifying needs and trends in undergraduate research across campus
- Providing feedback on existing programs and proposed changes
The URC convenes three times each fall and spring semester to provide support and leadership to the University of Central Florida (UCF) undergraduate research community. The Council serves in an advisory role to the UCF Office of Undergraduate Research and UCF administration in matters of policy and procedure related to undergraduate research. The Council members also serve as ambassadors of undergraduate research in their home departments and units, ensuring that the campus community is informed of opportunities and updates.
2021-2022 Academic Year Representatives:
Charlotte Trinquet Du Lys
Nora Lee Garcia
Padmini Coopamah Waldron
Robert Steward, Jr.