Funding Opportunities: OUR Student Research Grants, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, and programs from Academic Advancement Programs (Research and Mentoring Program, McNair Scholars) and the College of Engineering and Computer Science -Office of Diversity & Inclusion
Award Programs: Distinguished Undergraduate Researcher Award, Student Scholar Symposium poster awards, information on National and International Prestigious Awards, and the Faculty Mentor of the Year award nomination.
Publication and Presentation Opportunities: Student Scholar Symposium, Presentation Travel Awards, Florida Undergraduate Research Conference, the UCF Undergraduate Research Journal, and Honors in the Major
Programs with Course Credit: Directed Independent Study and Honors Undergraduate Thesis
Summer Off Campus Research: General information and resources for finding summer off campus opportunities
Leadership Opportunities: Student Undergraduate Research Council, Summer Research Academy Peer Mentors, OUR Peer Mentors
Students participating in Undergraduate Research should consider doing the following:
- Take a research course credit to document your involvement on your transcript, and possibly get upper-division elective credit.
- Look into structured, paid, or scholarship research program opportunities by visiting a Peer Mentor to discuss your options.
- Present your work at the Student Scholar Symposium or an off-campus conference.
- Visit either the Academic Advancement Programs or Pre-Health & Pre-Law Advising Office to discuss post-graduation plans.
- Visit Experiential Learning and Career Services to discuss how research can prepare you for your career.
- Consider publishing your work through either the UCF Undergraduate Research Journal and other journals or the Honors Undergraduate Thesis program.