Apply for an Undergraduate Research Faculty Award
UCF Champion of Undergraduate Research (CUR) Faculty Award
This faculty award was first given in 2019 and is designed to honor outstanding faculty mentors who are supporting undergraduate research across the UCF campus and within their own research teams. Faculty are self-nominated for this award. Preference will be given to those who have not been previously recognized by our Mentor of the Year award.
The awardees will be selected by a faculty committee, based upon the following criteria:
- Depth of consistent, documented involvement (e.g. # of students compared to department, program involvement among students mentored, sustained mentorship each year)
- Contribution to the culture of undergraduate research at UCF at the department, college, or university level, as well as involvement as a mentor to student researchers
- Student achievements (e.g. presentations, publications, awards, graduate or professional school placement)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to have completed the following:
- Served as a faculty member at UCF for at least three years
- Been the primary mentor to five or more undergraduate researchers, working together with each student over the course of at least two semesters (applicants should have a consistent record of mentorship)
- Had students who participated in opportunities such as (but not limited to) Honors Undergraduate Thesis, UCF Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, McNair Scholars, L.E.A.R.N., etc.
- Mentored students who have disseminated their work at UCF and beyond (e.g., internal and external conferences, publications)
- Applicants must be professors or lecturers who meet the OUR Policy on Faculty Mentors.