Applications are currently closed. Applications for Summer 2023 will be accepted starting in January 2023 through Friday, March 3 at 11:59 p.m.
(Please note that OUR is only available for questions until 4:30 p.m. on Friday)
SURF Scholars Details:
- Meetings will be Fridays from 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- First meeting (required for all Fellows) will be held on May 19, 2022.
- Sessions will be held on Fridays throughout the summer term and Fellows must attend the Kickoff and 4 additional workshops of their choice.
- Summer Poster Showcase (required for all Fellows) will be held in person on (tentatively) Friday, July 21, 2023.
Meetings will be held in person with the option to join virtually.
The Dively-Dupuis LGBTQ SURF Fellowship
- Applicants should be currently conducting or preparing to conduct research on any element of LGBTQ
scholarship and/or its impact on society
- One fellowship will be awarded
- All SURF applicants engaging in LGBTQ research or scholarship are eligible
- Students applying for this position will still be considered with general SURF applicant pool
- Applicants cannot graduate before Fall 2023 to be considered.
- Applicants must work with a UCF faculty member.
- SURF Fellows must adhere to the OUR Policy on participation which can be found here.
- Please note that all SURF Fellows must attend the Kickoff, 4 workshops, and the Summer Poster Showcase during the Summer C term.
Once an application is submitted, a request for a letter of recommendation will be automatically generated and sent to the email address listed for your faculty mentor.
The proposal should include:
Objective Statement: Clearly and concisely state the objective(s) and importance of the research.
Background: Brief background on the study question including relevant literature review (e.g., what has been done in the field related to your question).
Methodology: Brief overview of the methods used to complete the study.
Expected Outcome: Discuss the expected results and how these contribute to the academic field of study.
Disclaimer: This application uses character counts, including spaces. We encourage you to write out your proposal in another word processing program and use the word count tool to check your total before submitting
SURF Applications are now being accepted via InfoReady. Please visit the SURF page for the correct application link.