The student will be part of a project that aims to study how to utilize emerging memory technologies, such as 3D XPoint technology, for persistent applications. Research assistants will conduct literature review and read through background material, then work on emulating new memory technologies and study how to use them for running persistent applications.
By the end of the term, the student should write a report that documents the progress and findings of this study. The main goal of this project is to introduce students on current issues and bottlenecks for using emerging memory technologies for persistent applications.
Start Date: 1/10/2017 - End Date: 5/10/2018
Type of Project
- Conducting literature review and background study
- Learning how to use architectural simulators
- Learning how to emulate new memory technologies in current system
- Writing sample codes for persistent applications running on new memory technologies
- Writing a report to document the progress and findings
- Disseminating the experience and knowledge through presentations to other students.
- Good programming skills
- Basic understanding of computing systems
- Desire to learn more about computer architecture and memory systems.
Interested in Working With the Following Programs
For EXCEL URE Students Only